- Inner Wall:Stainless Stell as per UL1738 (24ga – 6″ (152mm) to 48″ (1219mm) diameter).
- Outer wall: 301 or 304L 2B or 316L or 430 stainless steel, or “galvalume” steel (24 ga – 6″ (152mm) to 40″ (1016mm) diameter; 20 ga – 42″ (1067mm) to 48″ (1219mm) diameter).
- Insulation: 1″ (25.4mm) air space.
- Continuous laser welding.
- Full range of accessories including elbows, fittings, guides and supports.
CHEMINEE LINING.E inc. venting system model HEPLA is listed by Underwriters Laboratories inc. (UL) under file MH10081 and tested in accordance with UL 1738 and ULC S-636 for Venting Categories II, III and IV appliances.
UL 1738 Venting Systems for Gas-Burning Appliances, Categories II, III and IV & ULC S-636 Standard for Type BH Venting Systems
|Models HEP • HEPL • HEPLA • HEPL1 • HEPL2||Temperature||Diameter|
|Categories II, III and IV appliances||550°F continuous||6" to 48" ID|
- Models HEP, HEPL, HEPLA, HEPL1 and HEPL2 venting systems are primarily intended to be installed in fire resistive, non combustible surroundings or in unenclosed installation. They are not intended for use in one or two-family dwellings. (CAUTION: Do not enclose this venting system in chase or passageway made of wood or other combustible material.)
- Where the venting system extends through any zone of a building outside the area in which the heating appliance connected to it is located, it shall be provided with an enclosure having a fire resistance rating equal to or greater than the fire rating of the floor, wall or roof assemblies through which it passes.
- Models HEP, HEPL, HEPLA, HEPL1 and HEPL2 venting systems may penetrate a combustible roof or wall using the Ventilated Roof Flashing assembly. For wall penetrations, the use of the Wall Firestop assembly is required. This is the only part intended for use with combustible construction. All other parts, such as Anchor Plate and Wall Support, Wall Guide and Floor Guide are for attachment to non-combustible construction.
- Where, according to local code, no chase enclosure is necessary, models HEP, HEPL, HEPLA, HEPL1 and HEPL2 may be placed adjacent to or on each pipe section and in the individual listing; see “CLEARANCES”. Contact local building or fire officials about restrictions and installation inspection in your area.